High blood pressure is also known as hypertension.This is when the blood in the blood vessel pushing against the blood vessel wall is always too high or regularly occurring;which is about 140/90 mm Hg and above.
For someone to say that his or her blood pressure is normal,the blood pressure should be 120/80 mm Hg
RISKS FACTORS OF HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE
There are so many risk factors of high blood pressure and they are as follows:
- Too much or excessive consumption of alcohol.
- Increase in age also leads to high blood pressure;people above 65 years are prone to this disease development.
- Obesity or overweight is a big factor; overweight does not mean being healthy,is a problem.
- Lack of exercise also contributes to the development of high blood pressure; most of us give excuses using the nature of our jobs.
- Lack of good food; that is poor diet
- Too much intake of salt(raw salt)
- sleep apnea
- kidney diseases
- African Race(black race develops high blood pressure early than the white race)
CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASES LINKED TO HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE
- Heart Attack: This is caused when there is a blockage of blood supply to different parts of the heart, it leads to high blood pressure.
- Stroke: The brain has a major role to play in our daily activities or life, if the blood flow into the brain is blocked or interfered with, it will lead to development of stroke.
- coronary heart disease: This where several fat deposits are found in arteries that supplies blood to heart becomes clogged up.
SYMPTOMS OF HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE
- sleepless night
CAUSES OF HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE
Primary and Secondary high blood pressure(hypertension) are the two main types of hypertension which the cause of primary hypertension is not known but believed to develop over years while the secondary high blood pressure is caused by other diseases in the body or drugs which are as follows:
- thyroid problems
- sleep apnea
- adrenaline gland tumor
- kidney stones,kidney failure
HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE MEASUREMENT
The two ways in which high blood pressure is measured are measured in millimetres of mercury (mmHg). High blood pressure is measured in two ways; they are:
- Diastolic pressure: This is when the heart is resting in between the heart beat and the blood pressure is taken immediately.
- Systolic pressure: This is when your heart forces blood all around your body and heart beats,the blood pressure is taken
HOW TO PREVENT AND TREAT HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE
- Make sure that you have regular exercise which will help in regulating your blood pressure
- Make sure that you reduce your intake of alcoholic beverages
- Make sure that you stay away from bad eaten habit; eat healthy food,stay away from raw common salt(table salt).