Black Masters Matter Kanye West Declares As He Urinates On Grammy.
Kanye URINATES on Grammy, declares ‘Black Masters Matter’ and says he ‘can’t be muted or cancelled’ after comparing the music industry to a slave ship and vowing not to release songs until he’s freed from Universal and Sony contracts
– Kanye West shared shocking footage of himself urinating on a Grammy Award on Wednesday
– The rapper is enraged that most artists do not own their masters (the rights to their own work), and has been savaging the structure of the music industry
– West wants to buy his masters from Universal, and is trying to get out of his contract with the label
– He has vowed not to make new music until he owns his masters and is freed from various contracts he has signed over the years
West’s masters are likely worth hundreds of millions of dollars
– Last year, Taylor Swift was left dumbfounded when her rival, Scooter Braun, snapped up the rights to her masters in a $300 million deal
Kanye West has shared shocking footage of himself urinating on a Grammy Award as he ‘goes into battle’ against labels Universal and Sony to try and retrieve the rights to his own music.
The rapper, 43, posted the vision to his Twitter feed on Wednesday afternoon, which showed one of his 21 Grammys placed inside of a toilet bowl.
‘Trust me… I WON’T STOP,’ West captioned the clip, which referred to his current bid to gain ownership of his masters – otherwise known as the copyright to his original songs.
On Monday, West started attacking the structure of the music industry, declaring that musicians actually had little to no power because record labels owned all of their work.
He took aim at his labels Universal and Sony and vowed not to release any new music until he was freed from his contracts with them.