Arthritis-Types,Causes And Treatment.
Arthritis are referred to painful inflamed joints. Rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis are the most common. Most chronic joint pain or arthritis in older people cannot be cured completely.
Below are the types of arthritis
- Psoriasis, Rheumatoid arthritis (INFLAMMATORY ARTHRITIS).
- Osteoarthritis ( DEGENERATING ARTHRITIS).
- Elbow injury (MUSCULOSKELETAL PAIN).
- Osteoporosis (BACK PAIN).
- Gonorrhea, chlamydia (INFECTIOUS ARTHRITIS).
- Uric acid (METABOLIC(break) ARTHRITIS).
- Malfunction of the immune system.
- It can be inherited (inheritance).
- improper breaking or metabolism.
- Rest. If possible, avoid hard work and heavy exercise that bother the painful joints. If the arthritis causes some fever, it helps to take naps during the day.
- Place hot compresses (cloths soaked in hot water) on the painful joints.
- Aspirin helps relieve pain; the dose for arthritis is higher than that for calming other pain. Take 3 tablets, 4 to 6 times a day. If your ears begin to ring, take less. To avoid stomach problems caused by aspirin, take it with food, milk, bicarbonate of soda or plenty water.
- It is important to do simple exercise to help maintain or increase the range of motion in the painful joints.
If only one joint is swollen and feels hot, it probably is infected especially if there is fever. Use an antibiotic such as penicillin and if possible see a health worker.
Painful joints in young people and children may be sign of other serious illness such as rheumatic fever or tuberculosis.